Friday, November 9, 2007

Muse and Rage Against the Machine at Vegoose '07

October 28th, 2007. Las Vegas (more like Henderson) Nevada. Vegoose, the land of Woodstock revivification, not really, but kind of. The bands, Muse and Rage Against the Machine. Me, a girl who hadn't yet seen RATM and had wanted to for quite sometime. FINALLY, got to go, with the bonus of seeing Muse! I wouldn't say I knew much about Muse really except for songs I had heard on KROQ, or at least that's what I thought.

Appearantly the years and years of deluging my head with radio yielded a greater recognizable discography for me than I had realized. Like I said, I came to see Rage and well, I left madly in love with Muse.

Muse are:

Matthew Bellamy
Dominic Howard, and Chris Wolstenholme.



Muse takes the stage, We're in close, not as close as we'd like to be I'm sure, but closer than most. Muse starts to play and I'm immediately in awe, tis a rare moment. The sound is AMAZING! I will reiterate that, AMAZING! Impeccable mix for an outdoor arena, should I say, "field". Matt is, well, gorgeous and OMFG talented and a half! *swoons* yea. As stated, I thought I knew only a few songs of theirs, but as it turned out, I knew about 95% of the set! Which was ohhh so nice!

Matt, (sorry, gonna ramble about him) has one of the coolest collections of guitars I've seen and man can he fucking play em! Seriously, I don't know of any front men like him, at least in a long while. I HIGHLY recommend checking them out if you get the chance.

Here's some video from the show (not taken by yours truly) after the vids is the Rage review.

One of my favorite Muse songs "Hysteria" - Muse



"Stockholm Syndrome" - Muse



"Knights of Cydonia" - Muse



Alright, so like I said earlier, I initially came to see Rage Against the Machine. And honestly, after seeing Muse I felt somewhat deflated when it came to see them. Not sure why, I think that kind of like having a good man and not having him, you feel kind of ruined for other men. Yea, kind of like that.

I bowed out of the front, I got put over the wall for the first time ever at a concert... ha ha, kind of fun. I decided I had been crushed enough during Muse and I was feeling kind of faint from heat and dehydration plus I had to pee, had been holding it since before Muse. I left my partner there deciding that the crowd was going to get to be too much for me during Rage.

It turns out that the crowd indeed went off as people who were in front later joined me in the back of the crowd. I just kind of stood off on the outskirts of the Rage civilization and sucked it all in. They were incredible, don't get me wrong... I think I have just been desensitized to the yelling screaming type artist at concerts. I have a fairly extensive list of those that I've seen, seeing people bloodied from the pit is nothing new.

The crowd was definitely electrified by the performance. And singing in unison during certain moments in song was definitely fun, especially with a middle finger flying up in the air... "fuck the man"

That's why I wanted to see them, for that mini protest, ha, I had forgotten until this very moment. Retrospectively, I had a blast.

PS: They cut their set short by an hour!!! A nice big WTF?

Here's some video

"Testify" - RATM



"Freedom 2" - RATM

No comments: