Friday, November 9, 2007

The Cult - The Grove August 3rd 07

Yes, I'm REALLY backlogged, but I'm only reviewing some of my backlogged concerts. I mean shit, how could I leave out The Cult???

Standing room only GA, fairly close to the stage but not nearly as close as I would have wanted to be. We actually moved a bit further back and to right of center stage so I could hear Ian. I really want to see them play a better venue. The mix was terrible in that Ian didn't stand out very well at all and I LOVE LOVE LOVE his voice. That man can sing to me anytime!

Ian and Duffy were fantastic! Duffy has the most beautiful guitars and I'd like to marry one of them, if I were into inanimate objects anyway. Ian threw several tambourines into the audience and I must admit I was very envious of those who caught one. Next time, slighly left of stage and far enough that the trajectory would be get one to ME next time!!!

Anyway, here's some clips from that show, not taken by me. Unfortunately, the sound quality of the video closely approximates that of the sound of the venue.

"She Sells Sanctuary" - The Cult



"Love Removal Machine" - The Cult



"Here Comes the Rain" - The Cult



"Nirvana" - The Cult

No comments: