Saturday, November 10, 2007

Marilyn Manson and Slayer - Verizon 2007

Oh why the hell not. Since we're taking care of the backlog eh?

Marilyn Manson and Slayer, Verizon Amphitheater 8/24/07. We got there late, thankfully missed most of Slayer. No offense to the Slayer fans out there on our lovely little planet but I'm not a fan. What I DID hear of Slayer was tantamount to taking an icepick and gently pressing it, very slowly into my brain... yea. Bang on head bangers, bang on.

Marilyn Manson was a decent show. I imagine that he's tamed down a bit in recent years? Cause I definitely didn't find any shock value to his show, nothing like I had imagined it would be anyway. He really is quite a showman though, with use of interesting props, sets, costumes and lighting.

The sound quality was ok, the usual "verizon" AKA Irvine Meadows sound... Not the best, definitely not the worst. Again, the show was good, my only complaint was it's length, it seemed to short, I think he only played an hour set. =(

I scrounged up some video:

"Fight Song" - Marilyn Manson



"Sweet Dreams" - Marilyn Manson



"Just a car crash away" - Marilyn Manson

No comments: